Sunday 31 March 2013

VOTERS THOUGHTS FROM SOUTHSHIELDS

CLICK HERE FOR THE ARTICLE from the South Shields Gazette headed WILL VOTERS SHUN LABOUR SOUTH SHIELDS BY ELECTION.

Was this designed as a rallying call for the Labour voters or is it a view that Labour might not be as safe a seat as they would hope?

UKIP gets a mention “UKIP appeal to me. I’m not a great Europhile, and I can see them as an option. They’re certainly on the up. And that’s a view coming from a person raised in a Labour household. My father, Tony Barrell, was a Labour councillor and the party doctrine was drummed into me from an early age.

It's almost as though it's saying you are not alone to want to vote UKIP even though you might have voted Labour all your life.

People also notice the way Labour just use the seat by this comment from the same person.
“But, I’m sad to say, Labour is not what it was. Just look at Dr David Clark, standing aside and becoming Lord Clark, to enable Tony Blair to put David Miliband into South Shields.”

another says 

“Labour has ruled this town for as long as I can remember, and what have they achieved?
“It’s hardly a ringing endorsement for their policy if you take a look about here. I think it’s time we had a change. We’ll see what the alternatives are, but I won’t be voting Labour again.”

It needs to be a local candidate

“I will be looking for a candidate who can work for the people of this town.”

“What I can say is that whoever I vote for must do something about this town centre – it’s appalling. 

“Apart from mobile phone shops, there’s nothing. Someone who can persuade me they can tackle that will have my support.”

All very interesting and showing it's not a dead cert for Labour, I do have a feeling an Independent could cause a stir as well as UKIP make a big entrance into town.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is open to all feel free to link to this blog.